Yoshiko Phillips’ ink works on paper are inspired by traditional Japanese embroidery, textiles and block printed Ukiyo-e. Often referencing animals, mythical creatures and beasts, these majestically coloured and enigmatic compositions employ bold confident line-work reminiscent of ancient calligraphy. Her recent collection of hand glazed ceramics incorporate painting and print processes to achieve subtle layering of pattern and line-work.
Pots and Podiums - Charing Cross Hospital
- Pots and Podiums - Charing Cross Hospital, Paddington London
- Pots and Podiums - St Mary's Hospital, Paddington London
- The Long Nights: Intoart Winter Exhibition - Whitfield Street London
- Intoart Annual 2016 - Percy Street London
- Intoart Annual 2015 - Studio Voltaire London
- Mural for Brick Brewery Tap Room Peckham