Andre Williams’ work focuses on striking typography alongside meticulously rendered illustrations. His eye for detail draws him to a wide range of subject matter including iconic 20th design objects, wallpaper, textile, furniture and architecture.
‘Room For Doubt’ is a full scale room interior created by Andre Williams, selected for New Contemporaries 2022, with exhibitions at Ferens Art Gallery, Hull and South London Gallery. In this installation Williams applies his graphic drawing style and striking use of colour to hand screen-printed textiles, painted woodcut reliefs, furniture and interiors, bringing his fantastical drawings of interiors to life. Andre Williams joined the Intoart collective in 2010 and is a founding member of Intoart’s design studio, Trifle Studio.
Andre Williams’ installation ‘Room For Doubt’ was selected for New Contemporaries 2022, with exhibitions in Hull at Ferens Art Gallery and South London Gallery. Collaborations include a capsule collection with renowned British Knitwear producer John Smedley, commissions including a hand painted mural for Brick Brewery Tap Room in Peckham and exhibitions include Fashioning Space at the Victoria and Albert Museum for London Design Festival in 2017 and Peckham Craft Weekend at Copeland Gallery in 2018.
- A Lion in the Studio
- New Contemporaries - Ferens Art Gallery, Hull and South London Gallery
- An Octopus with Boomerangs - Copeland Gallery
- Peckham Craft Weekend - Copeland Gallery
- Fashioning Space - Victoria and Albert Museum
- The Long Nights: Intoart Winter Exhibition - Whitfield Street London
- Intoart Annual 2016 - Percy Street London
- Intoart Annual 2015 - Studio Voltaire London
- Project Time, Vzw Wit.h Belgium
- Intoart Print Collection, Peckham Space
- Collection Tours, Victoria and Albert Museum
- Live Archive Part 2, Tate Britain
- Opening Up Collections, Victoria and Albert Museum
- Live Archive Part 1, Tate Modern
- Mural for Brick Brewery Tap Room Peckham